Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Where, oh where, will I be ??


Here I sit in the comfort of my own home, setting up my very first blog. You know, it's pretty easy! So welcome, dear readers, to my Great Adventure. Who knows how it will unfold, but I'm quite certain it will be at least interesting.

India's a big country ... where will I be? In the wee hours of Tuesday night, October 24th, I will be arriving at the Delhi airport, where I'l be thrown head first into the melee of Indian life. Supposedly (and hopefully), my hotel will be sending a driver to pick me up ... and off we will toddle to the Wongdhen House, a small hotel in the Tibetan Colony area of Delhi. I'll stay in Delhi for a few nights to get my bearings, and then I'm off!

From Delhi, there are so many destination possibilities! Not exactly sure of the where, when and how, but I will be wandering down to the Pushkar Camel Fair ... me and 50,000 camels. Post-camels, I'll meander up to Dharmasala to begin a truly new chapter of my life ... the 10 day Vipassana meditation course (noble silence included). After that, it's all kind of a blank page!

Keep checking back every day or so for my latest and greatest adventures. And yes, I'll be checking my email periodically ... ironspirit@comcast.net ... it's always great to hear a friendly voice from home (even if only in bits and bytes)!

Namaste!